2019 CCRKA AGM – Oct. 31 to Nov. 3
CCRKA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The annual, national AGM (and international respectively) for the CCRKA has come and gone. Many new and exciting changes have taken place at the highest level of Chito-Ryu governance from a technical stand-point and an administrative one.
CCRKA Executive Board update:
- Dr. David Smith (7th Dan, Kyoshi) has retired as our longest-serving President and will be succeeded by Dr. Andre Buret (5th Dan, Renshi)
- Dr. Buret’s new appointment left an opening for a Vice President which has been filled by Karen Angelucci (4th Dan, Shidoin)
- Derek Ryan (5th Dan, Renshi) has retired as our longest-serving Vice President and his position has been filled by Collin Affleck (5th Dan, Renshi)
- Andy Andersen (4th Dan) has retired as our Secretary (again!) and his position has been filled by Andy Kovacs (5th Dan, Renshi)
- Steve Parker (5th Dan, Renshi) remains our Treasurer going into his 4th year in the role
The CRAO wishes to acknowledge the decades of work and incalculable hours of service to Chito-Ryu given by our retiring Executive Board members. Here!! Here!!
CCRKA Saiko Shihan Council update:
- Stay tuned for information once all business has been ratified by the Saiko Shihan Council
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SAIKO SHIHAN (SHANE Y. HIGASHI SENSEI)
- A huge congratulations goes out to our very own Saiko Shihan; Higashi Sensei on achieving 40 years as the leader of the CCRKA; founded in 1979!
- Higashi Sensei was presented with a beautiful card (organized by Dawn Brown, artwork by Tiffany Gallant)
- Higashi Sensei was also presented with a timepiece (organized by Saiko Shihan Council)
CONGRATULATIONS TO 2 CRAO YUDANSHA:
- Congratulations Sensei Richard Hesch (Chief Instructor; New Hamburg dojo) on achieving his 4th Dan!
- Congratulations Sensei John Montgomery (ICKF dojo) on achieving 4th Dan!
- These gentlemen are now “Kodansha” (senior Yudansha) – give them a hand shake and a “well done!” next time you see them on the floor!
TRAINING SEMINARS NOV. 1 / 2 / 3:
- Kyoshi instructors (D. Smith, R. McInnes, R. Ferri, C. Golz and G. Bisson) were on-hand Nov. 1 for first-rate instruction on Chito-Ryu bunkai principles, basic kihon fundamentals and deeper understanding of our style
- Sensei Germain Bisson (7th Dan, Kyoshi) provided all of us with A-1, top-notch instruction on both Nov. 2 and Nov. 3 – a fantastic time was had by students of all ages, ranks and abilities
- Our Saiko Shihan; Higashi Sensei was of course on-hand Nov. 3 to provide us all with his wonderful insights on the importance of solid basics and kihon fundamentals in the Chito-Ryu style – we all have much work to do!